Time is passing by so quickly and life is and has been so busy (yes I know it's been a while since I blogged, I really have been meaning to!) And I find myself needing to slow down, to take a deep breath or 2. We so often focus on the negative things in life, the things that are bugging us, the situations we wish we could change, but as hard as it is (and sometimes it really is) we should instead concentrate on the good, the amazing things and people in our lives. So with that in mind I thought I'd make a list of some of the best things in my life (This was not the post I had planned to write but we must go where the mind wanders), by no means are they in any particular order.
● E ~ Well okay she is unsurprisingly the most important thing in my life. She has changed my world beyond anything I can measure. I can't imagine my without her in it. She makes me smile every single day (even the really tough ones) with her cute smile and laugh, her cheekiness and cuddles.
● My Family ~ Who love me unconditionally (even when I'm being a pain in the arse) the fact that I know they are always at the end of the phone or just around the corner to offer a helping hand or listening ear.
● My New Dishwasher And Tumble Dryer ~ I know they will make the day to day so much easier.
● My Truly Amazing Friends ~ And just in case you don't know who you are - E, C, N, S, B, A, K, S. You really do keep me going, with your amazing sense of humour, the advice you give and the sounding board you provide me! I couldn't do it without you *Hugs & Kisses*
● My Mummy Friends ~ I love the fact that over the last year we've become so close, I can really see us being friends for years. We have such an easy way of slipping between talk of dirty nappies, relationships and gossip. If I have a question about motherhood (no matter how silly it is) I know I'll always get an answer.
● My Alone Time ~ Whether it be in the morning before E wakes up, at the end of the day when she's in bed or like today the time between finishing work and collecting her from nursery. Just time to stop and take stock.
● Zumba ~ Although there are weeks when I struggle to muster up the energy and motivation but once I'm there 9 times out of 10 I love it. It's the music, the moves, the enthusiasm of our leader and the fun atmosphere that I love (because let's face it I'm no gym bunny) It leaves me with a smile on my face, a spring in my step and ready for a lovely deep sleep. I am by no means the best (especially since having E) but I enjoy it. My coordination has never been great due to dyspraxia, so it's as much a brain workout as it is a body workout.
● My Beautiful Surroundings And Fresh Air ~ I live in a truly lovely part of the world, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I've been here almost 21 years (we lived on the Wirral before) and I don't think I could go back to the hustle and bustle of urban living.
● My Work Colleagues ~ They make my days fun and offer support. I will be losing some of them very soon *sob* I will miss them but I hope we'll keep in touch, even if only through social media.
● My Wider Family ~ We may be scattered all over the UK but we're always there for one another and it's so lovely when we do get together (aand it usually involves an alcoholic beverage or 2).
I'm sure there are many more I could add but I'll stop there! What things would you put on your list? I promise there will be a few more posts soon! Xoxo