Saturday 14 January 2017

2017 - I Think It's Going To Be My Year!!!

*I started writing this at the beginning of the new year but then I was ill, so I'm sorry for the delay*

Well hello there, how are we all? I once again find myself returning from a hiatus but I feel like this time I'll be back for a while!!

So we are now officially in a new year - 2017, and do you know what? I think it's going to be my year, I'm feeling really positive about it (not a forced positive but genuinely optimistic, almost excited!). I'm ready to fight, to take my life in the right direction, to make the changes that are going to get me closer to the person I want to be (not the old me because I know I've changed and so has my life) and I'm going to show PND that I am in control of my life. I watched 'The Holiday' over the festive period and there was a quote I absolutely loved - Arthur Abbot (an elderly famous screenwriter from the golden age of Hollywood, played by Eli Wallach) says to Kate Winslet's character Iris: 

"Iris in the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend.  You I can tell are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend."

To which Iris replies:

"You're so right. You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life,  for God's sake!
Arthur I've been going to a therapist for three years, and she's never explained anything to me that well. That was brilliant. Brutal, but brilliant."

So I'm going to be the leading lady of my life!! And a leading lady deserves to be treated well, to be taken care of and for me that has to come from within (and from me alone)! I can't keep holding my breath waiting for the hard times to pass or for the weight to magically drop off because that's never going to happen. I have to start being kinder to myself in so many ways. Remembering that I am only human and that yes change takes time but it also takes self compassion and belief (and also a truckload of hard work), I know it's not going to happen overnight but I want to end 2017 happier and healthier! So with that in mind I decided to write 17 goals (instead of resolutions) for 2017 and I'm going to plug away at them slowly, putting no pressure on myself or any real deadlines. Here they are  ~
  1. Get rid of E's dummy.
  2. Spend more quality time with E.
  3. Have more patience.
  4. Feel healthy.
  5. Kick PND's butt. 
  6. Feel happy with myself - inside and out.
  7. Be more confident.
  8. Try new things.
  9. Keep the house clean and tidy.
  10. Stick to a routine.
  11. Be more productive. 
  12. Get more sleep.
  13. Feel more in shape.
  14. See things in a positive light.
  15. Use a gratitude jar.
  16. Be more organised.
  17. Prepare for Christmas earlier.
What are your New Years resolutions or goals?
I shall be back very soon, I promise!! In the meantime feel free to comment, share or both. Xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Well written. I'm glad your feeling more positive, you sound as if you know where your going now. Love yourself and don't beat yourself up. Start really enjoying your time with E. See you both Friday. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I was a bit nervous this time!! So am I!! I think I do, only time will tell!! I'll try my very best!! We look forward to it!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written really poignant. Love the quote may have to borrow that one �� Do you still like Zumba? Maybe you could so that with E at home that way you have to make the room tidy, you'll be spending quality time with her, feeling healthier and hopefully both of you will sleep well �� Make it a weekly thing and you've just ticked off 4 of your list �� Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed!! Feel free to borrow, it really struck a cord with me!! I certainly do like my zumba, I went back this week after the Christmas break and not feeling up to it last week and it was nice to be back!! That's a good idea and I was thinking of just putting some music on and dancing round!! Thank you!! Xxx

      Delete